THE MUSEUM'S ENVIRONMENT

The Museum – Interpretation Centre of la Vall de Lord is located inside the group of buildings of the monastery of Sant Llorenç de Morunys; this monastery is formed by the church, the cloister, and also the old Prior house, where is located the Museum – Interpretation Centre of la Vall de Lord.

  • null

    Cloister of Sant Llorenç de Morunys

    Built during the 16th century

  • null

    View of the facade of the Confraria dels Colls‘ building

Very close to the monastery, there is the old building of la Confraria dels Colls, the place where its members met. La Confraria dels Colls was a charity and social organisation founded in Sant Llorenç de Morunys in 1343, and it existed until 1951.

The old building of la Confraria dels Colls is a building catalogued into the Architectural Patrimony of Catalonia; moreover, the Prior house and the church are catalogued like a BCIN (Bé Cultural d’Interés Nacional = National Interest Cultural Place)

  • null

    View of the monastery, the bell tower and the entrance gate to the old town